The neurodivergent-led organisation, Neurodiverse Connection, is hosting a summit on grooming and coercive control in the context of neurodivergence, focusing on victimisation and perpetration and responses to this.
Key speakers include Dr Amy Pearson (Sunderland University), Dr Nicole Renehan (Durham University), Meena Kumari (HOPE), Sav Vaid (Go Getta) Luke Martin (LGBT consultant), Naomi Donald (Pods), Yasmin Blackwood Bridie Anderson (Surrey Domestic Abuse Service Manager), Imran Manzoor (founder of Breaking the Silence), and many more. Topics include:
1. Autism, Grooming and Coercive Control: An introduction and overview
2. Supporting Neurodivergent people impacted by coercive and controlling behaviour
3. Supporting autistic adults who have experienced intimate violence and abuse
4.Working with neurodivergent perpetrators of domestic abuse.
5. The experience of parenting South Asian neurodivergent children in modern Britain
6. Applied Behaviour Analysis and Coercive Control
7. Engaging and working with neurodivergent young people impacted by unhealthy relationships / coercive controlling behaviour
8.Unravelling Complexity: Autistic Insights into Grooming and Exploitation Through an Intersectional Lens
To find out more about this exciting summit and book your free space, please access the site here.